Monday, November 26, 2012

And Now For Something A Little Different

MWF Update

I have just ran the MWF Tag Team Tournament, and there are three major news items. Check out MWF This Week, where the results will be posted on Friday.

I want to give a review on a video game I just bought today. I love racing games. My style is mostly that of a driving megalomaniac. However I have played a game which I love now. The game is callled NASCAR The Game Inside Line. Last years game left a lot to be desired so I went to this game with some thought. I have read some of the professional reviews and they are mixed. Now, I bring you a non-professional review.

The first thing I did was go to the paint booth. I loved the EA Sports version of the paint scheme. You could download the blueprints ans use Paint to place your own logos and paint scheme. Much like Teambuilder in EA's NCAA games. In NASCAR TGIL, you have the paint in game. And it is deep, though not where you can upload your own logos. I will give this feature an "A" for what it is.

The graphics are outstanding! The cars look awesome, and the wreck scenes are much better this year than last year. Although the cars in the race I ran looked like some kid took his collection of Hot Wheels and rammed them together. But it is an improvement, and I will give this an "A" as well.

The gameplay is where it counts, and the gameplay is much better than last years. I played on Bristol, and went with the assists on at first. The car drove great. I went back and took the assist off and was able to drive pretty good. The the race. I did 50 laps, and we all wrecked in at least 20 of those laps. By the time I was done, my car looked like a crumpled up piece of paper. I enjoyed it. I give the game play an "A+".

The game is an overall improvement and overall, I will give the game an "A-" because I would like to see a way to upload my own logos. Maybe a little less wrecks, and a career progression. EA had it right when that game had you start with the Craftsmen Truck Series, then move to the Nationwide Series, and the the Sprint Cup Series. I want to see that put into next years game. But kudos to Activision for giving us a Highlights option where we can relive and replay and rewrite NASCAR history. The game will upload telemetry from actual races and you can see if you can come out on top. And this starts in 2013. I recommend that you buy the game. You'll love it!

Wednesday, I will post on wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment