Thursday, November 29, 2012

A Thought and More on NASCAR The Game Inside Line

Ryback- The Real Deal or A Goldberg Wanna Be?

I am always puzzled when a wrestler comes from nowhere and makes it big in his "first" year in the WWE. I have been watching Ryback over the last few weeks and I am impressed with his quality of his wins. But I had mentioned to a friend that I thought that this was Goldberg reborn. 

Ryan Reeves was signed to a developmental deal after being the last to be voted off  Tough Enough, then on Smackdown in 2004. He wrestled for Deep South Wrestling from 2005 to 2007, first teaming with Lash LeRoux and various others before starting a singles career there. Later, he went to Ohio Valley Wrestling (2005-2006) and was sidelined for a month due to a broken thumb.

Later, he was suspended for 30 days for failing a drug test as a part of WWE's Wellness Program. Reeves said that he was taking several over the counter body building supplements which gave a false reading. The supplements were taken off the shelf, but his suspension remained in place. Then, from 2006-2007, having bleached blond hair, he formed a tag team with Jon Bolen calling themselves High Dosage (lol).

In 2008, he returned to OVW as Ryback, and won the OVW title on September 15th after defeating Anthony Bravado, only to lose it back to Bravado two weeks later. WWE re-signed Reeves to a developmental deal, thus was booked to lose a Loser Leaves OVW match to Bravado.

After a stint in Florida and a cowboy gimmick in WWE as a member of Nexus (Skip Sheffield) in 2010, he broke his ankle August of that year. After a layoff and three surgeries he came back this year as the newly reborn Ryback, and the rest is history. 

In my humble opinion, Ryback, with all due respect to him and the WWE, is just a Goldberg wannabe. In a battle between Goldberg in his prime, and Ryback now, Ryback would be next...the next to fall to the Jackhammer!

More on NASCAR The Game Inside Line

I have been reading more reviews on NASCAR The Game Inside Line, and, as I said in my last post, most have been mixed at best. The best review comes from NASCAR Informer. The link to the review is here:
http://nascarinformeronline.com/2012/11/08/nascar-the-game-inside-line/

I started a career on the game earlier today. While I was disappointed that I couldn't use my custom car in Career Mode, I was then more pleased with the outcome. The first thing you do is take a couple of test runs on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Then, the game determines what assists you may or may not need. In my case, all assists were turned off except for limited driver assist and ABS assist, which I can live with And it also started the opponents on Hard. Again, I can dig it.

Then, you get your first sponsor, in my case, it was Direct TV. Then you go to the Career Mode which starts you in Daytona with qualifying, then you race in one of the Bud Shootouts. The opponents do not play. I started out in the pack, starting 15th, only to be pushed back to 21st spot. Then the fun began. Having to work your way back up to the front, with the banging and rubbing, because "rubbin' son, is racin.". After the smoke cleared and the metal was crumpled and 60 laps later, I finished 8th in the Bud Shootout. Next will be the Daytona 500. Can't wait!

Check out Fridays edition of MWF This Week where I will recap the tag team tournament and introduce you to the brand new MWF Tag Team Champions, and they are a familiar name team. Ta, ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment