Thursday, November 15, 2012

While It Is On My Mind...........

Classless Acts

In my last post, I said that I would post at least twice a month. I plan to post on the first and last Mondays in each month. However, I felt that I must post this while it is still on my mind. Now I don't want to sound like a prude, but I read about something that made me want to scream. I didn't catch Monday Night Raw on 11/12/12, but I did read about it from Wrestleview.com. I am going to re-print what I read:

Michael introduces a video recap of the happenings with Jerry Lawler's collapse on RAW. 

Cole and JR make their way into the ring and introduce the returning Lawler. He comes out to a royal ovation and thanks everyone for their support. Lawler compares his experience to the film, 'It's a Wonderful Life'. He says it is great to be back.

CM Punk's music hits and he makes his way down to the ring. He takes a moment to gloat about the fact that he is the World Champion. He makes a comment about Jerry Lawler being on life support but says that he is glad that he is back. Lawler responds from ringside that the only thing on life support is Punk's Title run. 

Heyman starts to breathe heavy and falls to the mat. Punk crosses his arm to indicate a 'legit' injury. Punk mockingly gives the crossed arm signal. Punk continues to mock the Lawler situation by screaming for someone to come help. Heyman decides that he is okay and starts to laugh. Punk says that he almost gave him a heart attack. 

Mick Foley's music hits and he comes down to the ring. He tells Punk that he needs to respect Lawler. Punk says that Heyman just had a heart attack and he brought him back to life. 
I am turning 50 on 11/16/12, and I have seen some bazaar things in my 49 years as a wrestling fan. One comes to mind was on a Saturday night watching Birmingham wrestling in the late 71. The area’s hottest feud at this time likely pitted the Masked Interns against Len Rossi & Bearcat Brown after the Interns attempted to paint Brown white. This happened in Birmingham, Alabama while the Civil Rights battles inthe area was still somewhat fresh in the minds of some fans.

The Katie Vick angle managed to top that. Now this. But let's not point fingers quite yet. Anyone who has seen the Jake Roberts video knows that Lawler himself made fun of Robert's alcoholism. I am sure that Punk, Heyman, and Lawler talked about this backstage. But to go through with this is wrong on all levels in my book. But, that is Vince McMahon's WWE I guess.

A Word About MWF

As i said in my last post, I am going to do a fantasy promotion called Mark Wrestling Federation. A few notes about this fantasy promotion:

  1. I am going to do this mostly unbooked. I will write out angles according to the results I get.
  2. If a wrestler gives his "notice" he will be booked to lose in his last match.
  3. There will be a rankings system, and each month the #1 contender will receive the title shots for that month.
  4. Results will be posted with a short commentary after.
This will be fun for me to use my brain and have fun with, and I hope that you will be interested as well. Later unless something comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment